Steps for Selecting Your Stone
Presenting a beautiful and varied stone collection is the easy part of our business. Helping you find the right stone and the right answers is the true measure of our success.
Choosing the right natural stone for your home or office can be fun but it’s often a confusing and daunting process. Doing some research and making some basic decisions before you start can help so here’s some information and a few suggestions that should make this part of your design experience more enjoyable:
Before You Arrive
- Browse our website – What colors draw your eye? What will compliment your décor? Check out the variety of stones available to get an idea of what color range you like.
- Come prepared – If possible, bring a cabinet material sample, floor sample or other piece of décor to see if the stone colors you like will compliment your home.
- Do your research – Avanti Marble & Granite cannot assist you with selecting a fabricator but we can offer some suggestions to help ensure that your experience is a pleasant one. When selecting a fabricator, we recommend that you:
- Make sure you feel comfortable with your fabricator. It’s important to work with helpful people that you trust during this process. Remember, this should be an enjoyable experience.
- Ask & Listen. Has a neighbor or friend recently purchased granite? Ask them about their experience with a particular fabricator.
- Go see their work. Ask your fabricator if they have recently completed any commercial projects or any model home installs that you can preview.
One to two months or less from date of installation: This is the ideal stage to pick the actual slabs for your project.
Three to five weeks from installation date: Reserve the slabs from a particular lot and supply us with a confirmation from your fabricator to make sure that we hold your choice of specific stone.
Other Things You Need to Know Any questions regarding maintenance, installation or pricing of your countertops should be directed to your fabricator.
When you find what you love, put the specific slabs on hold for your project. Avanti will hold your slabs for up to two weeks. Extensions are granted on a case by case basis.
Fabricators typically require a customer deposit before they will accept the delivery of your slabs to their facility:
- One of our experienced Design Consultants will be happy to escort you through our showroom, where you will have the opportunity to view more than 100 varieties of Natural Stone. Helping you with the selection process, as well as answering any questions and concerns that you may have, is our pleasure!
- Our Showroom Hours of Operation are by BY APPOINTMENT ONLY Tuesday through Saturday.